Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Greatness in Gratitude

As we ease our way, although it seems slowly, into summer I am reminded to take in each moment as it comes.  Finally I am able to put away those thick winter sweaters and pull out my comfortable dresses and skirts.  As that gentle warm breeze brushes past, I fall into gratitude.  I live for these days where the sun shines and birds sing outside my window.  I love spending my mornings off outside in my garden, drinking my coffee, waking up slowly with a good book.  The world around me awakens with me.  It comes to life all around me.  I look around as I am out and about and smile to myself because everyone else around me has a spring in their step and a smile upon their face as well.  What a different scene then just a month ago!

Even as I type, my schedule over the next couple of months is filling up.  Of course I want to make the most of the summer months.  Haven't I been waiting for this for so long?  As much as I want to, I can't drop everything to spend all my time in the woods next to a campfire or on a trail.  I can't forgo responsibility to sit in a park watching people for hours on end.  But I have the opportunity to slow down and take in even the smallest of moments.   I can find many opportunities to bring my practice off our mat and into the world.  And in those blissful moments that I can sneak off to the woods, I bow in gratitude that I have that time to do so.  I open my heart even wider to let in all that surrounds me so I can come back renewed and rejuvenated.  As in all aspects of our lives, we must inspire ourselves with the dance of life.  Juggling responsibility and freedom.  Basking in time and space.  Finding ourselves. 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post! I went for a lovely hike today and totally felt like I was soaking it all in:) Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete